Jun 2021 - Training Resources: Classroom AV Services is pleased to announce the launch of our online training module through the PageUp LMS system.
- The module was created to guide faculty through the usage of a standard general assignment classroom AV system.
- The module covers:
- Things to know before you come to class
- Introduces you to the various components that make up the AV system
- Walks you through using the system from startup to shutdown.
- A variety of other resources within the module such as “ProTips” where we provide helpful troubleshooting information and a quick guide for using Zoom/Kaltura from within a classroom equipped with a camera and microphone.
- The module can be found directly at this link: Classroom AV Services - AV Systems Tutorial
Please let us know if you have any questions or would prefer to schedule an in-person training in your scheduled room prior to the fall semester.
Feb 2021 - A pan/tilt/zoom camera and room microphones have now been installed in 89 centrally scheduled classrooms. These devices are available to use with any web conferencing or lecture capture software on your personal laptop via a USB cable located with the laptop connections at the lectern or teaching table. For a quick list of rooms with this functionality, click here. To learn more about the rooms, check out our Classroom Catalog for more details.
The mission of Classroom Audio Visual Services is to support the University Strategic Plan by providing reliable resources and technical support to faculty and students in the general assignment academic (centrally scheduled) classrooms.
- Install and maintain A/V equipment in general assignment classrooms.
- Provide A/V equipment loans.
- Assist users with operation of classroom A/V equipment.
(540) 231‑5684 (8am - 7pm)
(540) 231‑4203 (Fax)
Classroom A/V Services (0307)
Saunders Hall, Room 204
490 West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm